Exposure to heat, vibration and contamination makes belts and hoses wear out faster than any other components in your vehicle.. That’s why regular inspections are so important. Here are the belt and hose types in your vehicle, along with their applications.
- Water Pump for engine cooling
- Power Steering Pump
- Air Conditioning Compressor
- Radiator Cooling Fan
- Many late model vehicles use a single serpentine belt in place of individual belts to drive these accessories.
- Radiator and Heater Hoses – These hoses convey coolant to the engine and heater core.
- Fuel Hose – As the name implies, this hose transports gasoline from the tank to the engine.
- Power Steering Hose – It connects the power steering pump to the steering gear.